Saturday, January 7, 2012

TAG... You're it!

So I've been tagged by two of my fellow bloggers!!! April at 30 before 30 and Hyla at HourglassRed



Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tag­ging sec­tion about ‘you are tagged if you are read­ing this.’ blah blah blah, you actually have to tag 11 peeps!


11 random Jen facts... let's see

1) Italian sausage is my favorite pizza topping!

2) I really love snail mail and sending letters or cards randomly to my friends

3) I spent 6 years in Choir throughout Elementary, Middle, and High school.

4) I write poetry on and off throughout my life to help me figure out what I'm feeling at a moment when I'm not quite sure how else to say it.

5) I love shoes! I have several pairs of shoes I've never worn just sitting in my closet. lol. I don't have many places to wear half of the shoes I own.

6) I want to live in New York City at some point in my life and see all of the seasons there for at least 1 year.

7) I have a huge secret that effects how I'll be spending 2012 trying to keep fit and healthy that I can't wait until I am able to share with you guys!

8) I take vitamins every day!

9) I am constantly singing something to myself in my head or out loud all day long pretty much every day. I never stop singing. lol

10) I'm in love with the most incredible man I've ever met in my life and finally feel like I'm with someone who I deserve to be with and who deserves to be with someone as awesome as me! <3

11) Running has become my new favorite exercise.

April asked
1. What are your all time favorite songs? 1-3 choices and why?
Blink 182 - All the small things, it always has been and always will be. It's so simple and happy and I just love it. I feel such a connection to it in every way.
Seether - Fine Again, My favorite lyric from any song ever is "I feel the dream in me expire and there's no one left to blame it on." I think that is all too sad but true for soo many of us. If you let your dreams expire, you can't say it's because of this or that or him or her... it's all on you. You are the only one who can change how your life is gonna end up!
Smash Mouth - All Star, This 3rd one was just the first random song I like that popped in to my head. It's awesome and reminds me of my friends because we all used to scream it at the top of our lungs in long car rides together. lol

2. Who is your favorite author and/or book?
My favorite books are actually the Chicken Soup for the Soul books. Any other specifics would be things I used to read in like 4th grade. haha. Goosebumps or Babysitter's Club, etc..

3. What is a word that you dislike and wish would be abolished from the human language? (I shudder at the word "kiddos" to refer to children, it just sounds stupid and creepy to me...)
lol April, I say kiddos all the time.. but I think it's kind of a southern thing. lots of folks here do it. I can't think of a word I don't like, but I know there are probably a few of them.. you put me on the spot and my mind is blank of course! My favorite word ever though is "Someday" because it's full of so many possibilities that at current moment seem unattainable.

4. What is your dream job/career/profession?
It's changed soo many times over the years, but most recently I've decided I'm going back to school someday to become a certified personal trainer!

5. Do you have a particular tradition on your birthday?
Hmm.. not really any one thing in particular. I always talk to friends and family I guess is the only constant every year. lol

6. What is your dream vacation spot?
Hmm.. I've not been on many vacations in my life so this isnt something I've given much thought to. I do wanna spend a year living in NYC, but maybe going there on vacation first would be kinda cool. Summer months I'd probably want to vacation somewhere near the ocean, winter time in colorado or something. It'd be cool to visit Paris, France someday or even Rome, Italy.

7. What is your biggest nerd trait or habit, if any? (I read newspapers front to back and I also count letters in sentences when I'm talking to people.)
Oh I'm super nerdy, lol. I feel like what you mentioned is a little OCD though, but I totally have some OCD qualitites myself. It's hard to pick just one thing... hmm. I think I may have to come back to this one later.

8. Do you believe in ghosts and/or spirits? Any encounters/hauntings?
I do believe they exist yeah but I've not really been haunted as far as I know. I've seen some crazy things but nothing I can really recollect right now. I do think part of my mattress is in some sort of spirit/dream world though. Like whenever I sleep on that particular side I always have crazy vivid dreams. This happened when my mattress was in several different rooms and places in the rooms, etc. so it's not just that part of the house or apt I was in. I normally sleep on the other side that doesnt have that but I do toss and turn frequently in my sleep so I often end up on the crazy side. lol

9. From the time you get out of bed until you get out the door for the day to work or wherever... how long does it take you? Shower, dress, make-up, coffee, etc..?
Well I don't work, usually I spend an hour or more on the internet as part of my wakeup routine. lol. other than that its usually just a few minutes grabbing some clothes and throwing them on. if i'm actually going somewhere though then shower and makeup and picking nice clothes and shoes, straightening my hair, etc will take at least an hour but usually a couple hours.

10. Did you have a childhood toy, teddy bear, etc. that was your fave and what was its name?
I loved Ariel the Little Mermaid barbie doll that I had. :) I have always wanted bright red hair just like Ariel ever since I was 6. One year I did dye my hair that color red!

11. Did you make 2012 Resolutions and what are the top two?
I have not made any yet! Let's see... 1) Maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. 2) Be a lot more patient with everything in my life.



Hyla's questions
1.How do you plan on meeting your goals this year? Are they realistic? If so do you have high hopes of meeting them and surpassing them?
I plan on meeting them by setting realistic goals I know I'm capable of. Yes. I do have high hopes of meeting them and they aren't exactly surpassable since they are open ended goals. :)

2.Are you looking forward to any big events this year?
YES!!! I can't wait to tell you guys, seriously. lol.

3. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? LOL, I meant where would you like to be?
LMFAO!!! I miss that show!! hahah. Right at this moment I would like to be in New Mexico at my boyfriend's place.

4.What is your favorite piece of comfy clothing?
The hoodie my boyfriend got me for christmas. :)

5. What is your favorite piece of "I feel hot!" clothing?
These black pumps I got for 3.99 at goodwill! omg they make my legs look AWESOME! They are shiny and go with everything in my closet pretty much. lol

6. Honestly, what are your thoughts on Facebook?
I've had it since 2005 when I was a student at SFASU and you had to have a college email address to even sign up for an account. It was cool back then that it was exclusive to college kids and it was a great tool for meeting people on my campus and finding out what things were going on around my school, etc. Now it's great for sharing pictures of my son with family members who don't live nearby, etc. I like that it's easy for me to keep up with my close friends as well as those I havent heard from in like 10 years. lol.

7. Have you ever done anything daring? If so, what?
hahah, oh man so many things! I guess the most daring thing I did recently was be the first to tell my boyfriend I love him. I never say it first, but I knew it was important that I was the first to say it this time so I took a chance. I love that he makes me wanna take risks on him and that I feel like he's worth it.

8. What is your favorite book and author?
hmmm.. same answer as above.

9. What is your favorite movie?
10 Things I hate about you or He's Just Not That In To You. lol. I like Romantic Comedies!

10. What is your favorite Disney princess or other princess? Ariel of course!

11. Do you dream? What about? Omg all the time.. and here lately it's been pretty intense. I dreamt about being chased by zombies the other night and I was hiding in my room with a giant shovel ready to smash them if they broke in.


Tag 11 people..




Here are your 11 questions!

1 - What do you want done with your body after you die?
2 - Would you rather receive a practical gift you need or something silly that means something special?
3 - How many pets do you have and what kinds?
4 - If money weren't an issue, what would you buy?
5 - What is one thing you plan on doing before 2012 is over?
6 - How did you spend your last birthday?
7 - What are you hoping your next NSV will be? (Non Scale Victory)
8 - What is your favorite healthy snack?
9 - Do you like crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
10 - Do you wear your shoes inside your house?
11 - What kind of car do you drive?

12 comments:

  1. I am having a hard time reading your entry today! :( Some of it is squished together, so I can't read all of the questions! I'll try again later or see what it looks like on another computer. I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing the secret! :)

    I'd also like to spend a year in NYC, I don't think I can get a year long visa though so you'll have to do it for me! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the zombie dream with a shovel! Ariel is my favorite too! My favorite HOT thing is a pair of black knee high shiny boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to LOVE the Babysitter's Club and just recently (last year) read Graduation Day! My husband laughed at me, but I was glad to read the very last book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I can read the questions you posed. I have to post 11 random facts about me, the 11 questions you asked (with answers) and then post 11 different questions and tag 11 people? I'm not sure how to tag people!! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Frickin' Fabulous at 40

    Yeah hon that's pretty much it, and tagging is basically just saying who you want the people to be. You don't have to link to their blog unless you just want to.

    It's pretty simple to do. While typing your blog entry, just highlight the name of the person and then click the link icon. It looks like 2 little chain links hooked together. Then paste the URL to their blog in the space provided and hit enter.

    Whether you decide to link to them or not, you need to go to their blog and leave them a comment letting them know that you tagged them in a post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also cant read much of it because of the font/size

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's no different than the font or size of my other posts so I'm not sure why anyone is having trouble with it. I've already gone and changed things around and still don't know why it's not looking right.

    If you only have 5 followers then of course you can only tag 5 people.. unless you know more than 5 people.. they dont have to be followers of your blog. Remember, you link them anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suck at this! http://frickinfabulousat40.blogspot.com/2012/01/keeping-game-going.html

    ReplyDelete