Monday, February 25, 2013

What happened February?

So yeah it's obviously been a super busy month for me. I'm gonna try to sum things up so I don't just ramble on and on, so bear with me. lol.

- Aunt flow was in town the week after the last time I weighed in here. She had me eating more sweets than I ought to and so my weight reflected that. I did not gain but I  maintained exactly.

- The following week was when valentines day fell and I did not realize how much candy comes in your house when you have a child that is in school now. We still have a huge bag full of candy sitting around and I'm trying to offer it to people left and right because the longer it stays here the more I crave it. His valentines day party at school was also chock full of sweets and so I definitely indulged there. I ended up gaining 2.4 lbs by my next weigh in day. Along with the valentines party we also had a home meeting with his teachers and a few other doctor and dentist appointments so I had very little free time during the week to workout every day like I wanted. I did however find out that my local wic office is participating in a weight loss challenge and along with that they are offering free fitness classes! I joined the challenge and also have been attending all the classes. They are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 4:45pm and I can bring my kids. I usually just bring Jett because he loves the interaction with the other children. Currently the class we are doing is Zumba. It's just a dvd workout so the same thing each time but its still fun and my first try with zumba. The more I go the more I get the moves down. Soon we will be moving on to Yoga, Walking with Resistance, and Line Dancing classes.

- This past week I have been super extra busy since Jett has now began his first soccer practices. They run from 5:30-6:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My fiance found a job and started on Monday so I have been home alone with Bethany all day and found it rather hard to cope with. I've been taking care of everything else at home and haven't had time for myself. This had me feeling depressed and beginning to binge again. Wic fitness class stopped this week because they are in the process of moving to a new office. My son got silver crowns put in his teeth this week and so I spent pretty much all day Wednesday taking care of him and Bethany both since he was heavily sedated and not allowed to return to school until the next day.

-I sat down and had a talk with my fiance on Friday about all the stress I've been dealing with on what should be a good week for us and he helped me come up with some solutions to better manage my time at home. We got the baby her very own crib on Saturday and soon will be getting a monitor so that she can sleep peacefully in her warm room while I'm jumping around working out, etc in the other room far away from her. I've been looking up all sorts of new crockpot recipes to help me make dinner time easier, especially on days when I have the Wic fitness classes since they fall about the same time I'm supposed to have dinner ready for when my mom wakes up to get ready to go to work.

- I know I said that I was going to have plenty of time to update last Wednesday but as I mentioned that was the day Jett was at the dentist. I was unaware it was going to be an all day event and I assumed with him being home from school I wouldnt have to waste all that time driving around to pick him up or drop him off, etc. and wic classes had stopped. I suppose I underestimated how long things would take though. Oh well. Here it is Monday and things are finally feeling somewhat okay again. It's already the end of February though and I feel like I've barely accomplished anything this month. I'm going to try to put the bad behind me and just look forward to what is in store though. Now that my fiance has a job we can finally start saving up some money to get out of my parents house. Hopefully soon we will have our tax money back and can get our own vehicle once more. I have really been hoping to have my old/new body back by the time my little girl turns 1 year old and honestly it is still very possible, but even if it takes longer than that I need to realize that a step closer towards my goals is still something to be proud of no matter how small it is.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm going to cross my fingers that I'm going back down instead of up although I havent had a good week of eating or working out so I know whatever the number is - its deserved. It's almost time for me to leave to get my son from school so I'm gonna get off of here for now but tomorrow I'm going to find the time to share all the new foods I've been trying theses past few weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awe that is sooooo crazy. Sounds like your world was spinning! Hoping it is all up from here! I'm glad to hear your WIC office has fitness classes, that is awesome! Good luck w/the weigh in!

    ReplyDelete