Sunday, March 12, 2017

10 weeks!!

So today marks 10 weeks back on my journey and I am feeling great still. I am more determined than ever. I may not be working out as long as I did back when I didn't have a job but I am doing what I can to keep myself moving. Yesterday I spent all day spring cleaning. I cleaned out and organized our garage all morning and then in the afternoon I went over to my parents house and went through several totes I had clothes stored in back from 2011/2012. There were clothes in there that I was wearing when I got down to my smallest but then I got pregnant and wanted to keep them for when I could fit back in them. Then there were brand new clothes in there that I bought on clearance thinking I will fit in this someday after baby. Well they have just sat there for over 5 years now. Yesterday I got rid of an entire SUV trunk full of boxes of clothes. Mostly mine. I gave away 2/3 of what I had and only kept things I just really wanted to still wear or that I never got a chance to ever and am still hoping to someday fit. It was very therapeutic to go through and see those old things. I had good memories with some and bad with others. I got rid of some that I loved simply because I felt like I got plenty of good use of them and wanted to pass them to someone else. I am trying to stop hoarding so much. My husband thinks I never throw anything out. lol. Well last night I gave away 6 boxes and two very large trash bags full of clothes. When I saw the lady I met up with to give them to had brought two teenage girls with her to help load up the back of her SUV I knew they would get a lot of use out of most of those clothes. I told her just to regift anything that she didn't want and she plans to do just that. In scale news, I have reached a new low!

 
I felt stuck in the 270s for so long all of February so its great to see myself coasting on down in to the 260s finally. As of March 1st I am down 5.2 lbs and we still got more than half the month to go so I am feeling really successful right now. My mom even noticed my losses on Friday night when I saw her she said I looked good and that is when I mentioned that I was down 30 lbs. My husband says he notices a huge difference too and is very proud of me. I can even see it in the mirror myself. I am looking forward to summer and fitting back in to some old swimsuits so that I can swim some of this weight off, too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, getting out of a "decade" feels so good! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete