Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wise words from a friend.

If you don't raise your voice, who will listen? If you don't model what is good, who fill follow? If you don't love yourself, who else can? There are plenty of chances to mimic what you see in the world, but take a different route, be everything you wish to see in others. You will become a beacon for those who are lost without their own direction, and give them strength to be themselves. The world needs you, reach out.

-----

A friend who often writes encouraging messages shedding light on how we should all strive to live better for ourselves and for others had this message to share with his friends today. It's by far one of my favorites. I think thats becuase its the lesson that hits closest to home for me at this point in my life. I'm learning to speak up and to not just sit back and let the world happen around me. I need to be the change I want to see. And I have most definitely learned by writing here and on a few other places about my journey that the more you share what you're going through, the more you will find that everyone else can easily relate to you and gives them the strength to carry on in their journeys as well. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment