So much thanks to Stormy over at The Big Butt Theory, I have my 3rd blog award ever! I got awarded with the Liebster blog twice not that long ago and now this...
Versatile: ver-sa-tile [vur-suh-tl] or, especially British, [vur-suh-tahyl]: capable of, or adapted for, turning easily from one to another various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.Word information source: www.dictionary.com
Here is how the award works:
1. You thank the person who presented you with the award.
2. You tell 7 things about yourself.
3. You award 15 other newly discovered bloggers.
Seven things about Jen...
1) My family and myself have been largely involved with scouting organizations for most all my life. I currently hold a lifetime membership to the Girl Scouts of the USA and have also been very active over the years in the Boy Scouts of America and a co-ed group - Venturing, BSA. My brother, dad, and mom are currently still very involved in the various scouting groups. I plan on getting back in to the swing of things when Jett is old enough to join cub scouting. I owe a lot of my morals and values and genuinely good aspects about myself to the things I've learned through scouting. <3
2) I was on a horseback riding team for 6 years that I joined through Girl Scouts from ages 12-18, the Tejas Riders. After I graduated high school, they bought and awarded me with my lifetime membership to GSUSA. I used to ride the trails on weekends and help teach younger girls how to ride for the first time, as well as getting involved in parades, barrel racing, and pole bending events. It was really fun and I miss it. I think someday if I can afford to own a horse of my own, I would really like to do that again. :)
3) I think I have a mild case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. There are some things I catch myself doing that I just don't have any other explanation for. I feel like a lot of times I over think everything I do and obsess about every little detail, etc. And sometimes I just have to do things a certain way, if they don't get done right I have to do it again. But maybe I'm just really stubborn? lol.
4) I hate my calves. They are huge. Seriously... what gives? I have lost 13.5 inches in the waist and 13.5 in the hips but only 2.5 in the calves. I want to wear cute knee high boots. I want knee high socks that I don't have to stretch so badly you can't see the cute pattern on them the way it's supposed to look. Grr!! Someday I will figure out how to tone my calves, too.
5) I feel like I'm falling.... this not only excites me and drives me crazy with awesomeness, but it scares the hell out of me. I'm pretty guarded with myself these days and every time a new wall gets broken down I feel like I need to have a pile of bricks ready to start building it back up in case anything goes wrong.
6) I love board games. I kinda sucks that I only get to play them like once a year on big holidays when lots of family is around because that's the only time there are enough people that might be interested in playing a game with me. lol.
7) I've decided that whenever I can afford to go back to school I want to study kinesiology and take classes on nutrition, etc. I would like to someday learn enough about eating healthier and exercising to become a certified personal trainer. I've always wanted to be able to do something where I can help other people and I think this is a field I could go in to and be able to affect the life of someone on a very personal one-on-one level. This would give me great pride in the work that I do and so I think it's a wise career choice for me.
These are the blogs that I would like to award for being versatile bloggers!!
In other news... I weighed in at 176.6 a few days ago... then Aunt Flow came to town this weekend. I've felt so bloated and crampy... blah. I haven't wanted to do anything. I'm afraid to step on the scale now. lol.