Tuesday, October 16, 2012

30DS, Day three

So it's day 3 of doing the 30 day shred again and I'm really feeling the burn! On day 1 I forgot to follow up with a protein shake and I was super sore the next morning. Last night and tonight though I made sure I had my shake. Still feeling a bit sore but not near as much as after that first time back at it. lol. Things are going well and I can feel myself breathing a little easier through some of the workouts already.

As far as my calorie counting has gone I have managed to keep an average of about 1400/day without restricting myself too badly. I did catch myself this morning about to buy a donut though. lol. I was doing some grocery shopping and just happened to walk by the donuts while looking for something else and thought oooh I was craving a chocolate donut a couple months back (while I was still pregnant, mind you) and thought it kind of sounded good at the moment. After searching for a plain chocolate donut I only saw cream filled ones, which I really don't care much for anyways and considered for another moment that maybe I should get something else covered in chocolate. Then it dawned on me all of a sudden what I was doing. I took the time to stop and think about it and realized, hey wait a minute - you don't even need a chocolate donut in the first place because you already picked up one of those apple, grape, and cheese packs to snack on and just think of the added calories! Secondly, why would you try and substitute it with something way below your expectations and still ridiculously high in calories? After that it was easy to just push my buggy right past them all and head straight to the checkout lane. Hooray for small victories.

I did also manage to get in another 15 minute walk/jog on the treadmill today. Speaking of jogging though, I happened to run across a new blog tonight.  I found Running on Candy through a mutual blogger and found this post of hers that mentioned something I found really intriguing. I had been considering recently whether or not I wanted to try doing the couch to 5k program again to get back in the swing of things with my running but now I think I may do this instead. Apparently there is some sort of zombie app out there that you can use to keep you motivated to run. It will somehow have a zombie chase you and your gps will let you know if you ran fast enough to outrun the zombies or not. How cool is that? And now they seem to have some sort of zombie 5k training program, too. I can't wait to try this new app out! Woohoo!

In other good news, I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that in the last 2 days I've already dropped 4 lbs. Sweet deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment