Thursday, October 11, 2012

Community Service

So I apparently had some unpaid traffic tickets from over a year or so ago and the police showed up at my door and arrested me at 8 months pregnant. Needless to say... not a good day for me. It was pretty awful and I'm pretty broke. We had to set up a payment plan but since I'm not working I'm relying on family to help me out. The judge said that after I had my baby and the doctor wrote me a note saying I was clear to work that she would let me work some of my fine off with community service. Well, I got my note on Tuesday, talked to the judge yesterday and set up my hours to work. I get to go in every Thursday (except Thanksgiving) until December 6th.

City hall is between a mile to 2 miles from my house so I decided to ride my bike there this morning and rode my bike back home at lunch. That totaled about 30 minutes of bike riding for today and I am most definitely feeling it, especially after being on my feet all day working for the city. After lunch, I had my mom drop me off since it sprinkled on me on the way home and I didn't wanna be caught in the rain later. They ran out of things for me to clean though at 2:35 so I ended up being released 2 hours early today. Sweet deal. lol. I decided to go ahead and just walk home since the sky had cleared up and it was bright and sunshiney outside. I got half way there and my dad started driving past me just after he finished picking Jett up at school so I hopped in with them and rode the rest of the way home. lol. I walked about 20 minutes though so that coupled with my bicycling was definitely a workout today, not to mention all the cleaning I had to do. I dusted, swept, mopped, vacuumed  and wiped down pretty much everything in the building at City hall and the civic center next door to it, too. My arms and legs are both a little noodle-y feeling now.

Having to work today has been really good for my calorie counting though, lol. I have been too busy to stop and think about eating anything extra that I don't really need. Yesterday, I made the mistake of  not looking up the calorie count on a drink first thing in the morning. After dropping Jett off at school with my mom she offered to buy me a drink at McDonald's or Sonic. I wanted to see if I could win anything else on the Monopoly game from McDonald's so we went there and to get a game piece I ordered a large caramel frappe`. It was delicious but holy hell was I upset when I realized the damage I had done. Well over 600 calories for that one drink. I managed to do right at 2,000 calories by the end of the day. I'm not gonna be too hard on myself for that number, but I won't be drinking that many calories again any time soon! I'd much rather eat the majority of my calories for each day, if not all of them. To make matters worse, I just got 2 board game pieces, no instant wins!  lol. Totally not worth it. Oh well, lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment