Monday, January 2, 2017

An extra day off

So because the New Year fell on a Sunday, my employer graciously gave us this Monday off and I have been thoroughly enjoying my extra day this weekend.

I woke up this morning and found the same workout routine I did yesterday on Amazon and hit play again. This time my 4 year old daughter, Bethany, was curious as to why mommy had moved all the furniture around in the living room and stood there watching me for a bit. She eventually joined in when she saw familiar moves like jumping jacks and said hey I know how to do those! lol

Later in the day I noticed my kids had spent most of their time inside playing video games while it was a beautiful 70 degrees outside after the storm passed over us early this morning. I made them both get up and join me outside after I aired up my bicycle and my son's. I realized his bike is now way too small for him but about the perfect size for my daughter to start learning on. She gave it a quick try but did not like it much today. I will keep trying though because my son is 8 and still can't ride a bike without training wheels. He does love the scooter he got for his birthday this year though. After raking some things in the yard while the kids played a bit we all decided to go for a walk. Well, my son, Jett, rode his scooter, I was on my bike, and Bethany went for a walk next to us down to the church parking lot about a block from our house. We rode our scooter and bike around for some time while trying to convince Bethany to go play on the slide or something but she did not want to play by herself so she just ran around chasing us in between getting drinks of water from the backpack she brought along. Eventually she needed a potty break so we all hurried back home. Once that was over they went right back outside and began jumping on the trampoline. I wish I had as much energy as the kids seem to. haha

For dinner tonight I made spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic toast. I typically have a huge bowl followed by seconds and then lots of garlic toast, too. This time I measured out one serving for myself with the food scale and only ate that one bowl. I had one piece of toast with my meal but it was too hard to resist eating one half a piece of toast more when it was time to put away all the left overs. I am still proud of myself for the small amount of restraint I did manage though. I made sure to put the leftovers up in several smaller containers instead of one big one so that I already have a good size portion if I want to take some with me to work for lunch some day or just to give some i to the kids at some point. My husband groaned a bit at the thought of that many more dishes, but  I know this will help me make better choices so I think it's worth the extra dishes.

I feel like I have been eating tiny breakfasts and lunches with big dinners for the last couple nights and now that I am aware of this I am going to make it a point to have much larger meals earlier in the day so I have more time to burn those calories. After having everything I did tonight I am going to see about perhaps doing another video or just hopping on the elliptical on our porch.

4 comments:

  1. SO glad to see you writing again! I need to post an update...dreading, dreading, dreading! We got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad to be here sharing again. I look forward to seeing your updates!

      Delete
  2. Great to see a post from you! Man, I am in awe of your restraint...really the hardest part for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, and I am celebrating the small victories as much as possible to keep myself motivated. Are you going to be posting again soon?

      Delete