Sunday, April 10, 2011

Playing with my son

So one of my bigger end goals I've been wanting to reach is being able to play with my son and not be too tired or too fat to do all the things he wants to do with me.

I feel good because I am well on my way to being completely there. I can feel my energy levels are way higher than ever before and I'm getting out and doing so much more with him. It makes me really happy when I can say yeah sure I'll do that instead of telling him sorry honey mommy's too big to fit in that tunnel or slide down that slide, etc.

On Wednesday we went to Mcdonalds so he could play there and run out some excess energy he had. For the first time since I was a little girl, I felt like I could go up inside of there and not worry about getting stuck or hurting my knees or back or whatever. And for the most part, I did. :) It was still a bit scruffy on the knees, lol. But I crawled right on up those tunnels and Jett followed me up to the very top. He was too scared to go by himself so mommy led the way to the big twisty slide. :D He laughed and giggled the whole time, thoroughly enjoying that mommy came inside to play with him. It made my day, too.

Today we went walking... well I walked. He sat in the stroller while I pushed. lol. When we came to a hill he started chanting - Mommy go FASTER! and so I did. I jogged and pushed his happy butt all the way down one street and then again down another. I was panting and totally out of breath by the end of it all. But I still did it. :) Someday I'll be able to do it and not have to be completely out of breath when it's all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment