Friday, April 8, 2011

Simple diet and exercise plan.

So I just got a message from a stranger but it seems helpful so I thought I'd post it here to share with ya'll.
-----------------------

BREAKFAST



Start with one of these:

2 eggs

4 egg whites

1 cup skim milk

3 slice of turkey bacon

1 cup low fat cottage cheese

1 chicken sausage



Then add 1 of these:

1 slice whole wheat bread

1 cup oatmeal

1 cup mixed berries

1 apple

2 tomato slices

1/2 multi grain bagel

1 cup of whole grain total

1/2 grapefruit



LUNCH



Start with 1 of these:

5oz chicken breast

5oz turkey breast

5oz low sodium tuna

5oz fresh fish

5 oz lean red meat



Then add 1 of these:

1 cup brown rice

1 small sweet potato

1/2 cup black beans

1/2 brown rice pasta

1/2 cup white beans

1/2 cup quinoa

1 artichoke



SNACK



Start with 1 of these:

1/2 cup hummus

20 raw almonds

1 low fat mozzarella stick

2 table spoons almond butter

1/2 cup black bean dip

1 cup low fat yogurt

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese



Then add 1 of these:

unlimited carrot sticks

unlimited celery sticks

unlimited blueberries

1 apple

20 corn chips

1/4 avocado



DINNER

start with 1 of these:

4oz grilled fish

4oz chicken breast

5 large shrimp

5oz broiled pork chops

4oz grilled lamb

4oz turkey breast

5oz scallops



Then add 1 of these:

steam broccoli salad no dressing

cauliflower

brussel sprouts

mixed veggies

1/2 cup carrots

1/2 cup barley




I know you don't know me but i saw your post on the I used to be fat website. I'm sending you my diet because I want to help others. On July 6th 2010, I weighed 338 lbs. Today I weigh 199.5 lbs. If your interested I can send you an exercise plan as well. I hope you reach your goal!



and then i asked about his workout and this is what he said...



30 min power walk

15 mins on a stair-master

25 mins on the exercise bike or the elliptical

Follow the diet.
That's your plan for the 1st 90 days.

-----------------------

I think all in all those sound like really good tips and advice for most anyone looking to lose some weight. I don't have access to those exercise machines but I'm doing 2 hours a day of workout videos or walking/joggin around the neighborhood pushing my kid in the stroller so I feel like I'm still getting plenty of exercise. I don't really care to completely limit what I eat so I try to just count my calories instead. But I think that the meal plan is a really good idea for those of us who need some structure or just can't think of anything good to eat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment