Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fit Tuesday!

So I've never really watched much of the actual show The Biggest Loser before because my parents were always recording a whole bunch of other things that aired at the same time but now that we have the hopper for dish it records every single thing on the main 4 channels that airs during prime time and you can also set it to record other things at that time as well. So since the show was getting recorded anyways I figured what better time to start watching my first full season of it than now. It runs on Monday nights apparently and so I usually watch it Tuesday morning and use it as motivation. There was a girl on the most recent episode who spoke about her 'Fat Tuesdays' where she had a personal trainer work with her in the mornings and then on her way home she would stop by a drive thru and order a bunch of junk food immediately sabotaging all her hard work. Her name was Cate and she was very upset and talking about how she can't believe she just kept wasting her trainer's time every Tuesday. Well her trainer on the show, Dolvett, made it very clear to her that it wasn't her trainer she should be sorry to. He basically told her that she needed to be apologizing to herself because she was wasting her own time. That hit home with me for whatever reason and I really love that he put it to her that way because its so true. We are the ones ultimately losing out when we continue to lead unhealthy lifestyles. Well come time to weigh in and her team ends up losing and she gets voted out that night because out of everyone there they knew she would have the most supportive family and friends back home to help her continue on her journey. I was sad to see her go because she was one of my favorites from the start. I just loved her personality in all the episodes so far and how she was so genuinely caring towards another teammate on the first day who had a rough time and was actually forced to leave the gym early. I was glad to see she's doing so well though. After going home she started referring to her previously named 'Fat Tuesdays' as 'Fit Tuesdays' and having protein shakes and fruit for a snack after her workouts instead of stopping for fast food. She's currently training to run a marathon, too. She began her journey at the ranch weighing 237 lbs and the update they aired at the end of the show says that she was down to 196 lbs already. I can't wait to see how much further she is by finale time.

Well today was week 2 weigh in day for me. I lost 2.6 lbs since last week putting me at 241.8 lbs. That makes 7 lbs total in the last 2 weeks since the first of the year. I am pleased with those numbers but I do have to keep reminding myself that things are different this time around and I shouldnt be trying to compare with how I did the first time. In January of 2011 I lost 10 lbs in the first 10 days. However I was 25 lbs heavier than when I started this time and I also had 2 less family members in my schedule. Last time I started working out as hard as I could from the very start and this time around I've been slowly trying to get myself back in to the swing of things so that of course affects things, too.  I feel good about my weigh ins so far though because they are slow and steady improvement. Fat secret told me if I continued to lose like this that I would be at my goal weight within 9 months time. I know I wont always be able to lose 2 and a half lbs a week, but I'll damn sure try. Of course its going to be harder the closer I get to goal weight but its nice to imagine its possible to be down that far in one years time still. When I told my fiance that I was down 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks he told me he was really proud of me and that it was a huge accomplishment so that made me feel good, too. Especially coming from a person who has never been bigger than a stick his whole life. lol. He thinks he's fat now just because you can't see all of his abs anymore. lol. He was about 130 when we started dating and now he might weigh 145 soaking wet. It's really great that he's concerned though and he's been trying to eat healthier with me as well and give me enough time to exercise without the baby, etc.

I still haven't gotten around to working out today... for shame... I plan to after I post this though. We'll see how that goes. I have been eating alright though. I had a tasty breakfast of egg whites with taco flavored cheese and ham scrambled in to them and a side of turkey bacon. All of this was 176 calories.


Lunch was kinda random and not as healthy but still decent on calories. Dinner was absolutely yummy though. I had petite sirloin with baby idaho potatoes that had red skins and golden flesh. I even steamed broccoli to go with it. I don't like it much but I ate it anyways because green things are good for you especially when you are anemic. This came out to 550 calories. A little hefty but I'm still under my count for the day so far by about 50 calories. 


2 comments:

  1. i love Biggest Loser. I was sad to see Cate go as well! Good job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete