Thursday, August 4, 2011

My protein shakes

So someone asked me how I make my protein shakes the other day... it's very simple.. here's how!

1 scoop whey protein powder
personal blender cup full of ice
4 oz of whole milk

blend until its a frosty consistency

yum! It's 140 calories for the protein and 75 calories for 4 oz of whole milk. I love whole milk and can't stand skim or any other kinds so I just allow myself the room in my calorie count to have the whole milk. I have had just the ice and the protein powder by themselves sometimes though. I just prefer the creamy taste with the chocolate powder and its all good. Sometimes, when I can find the things, I add Nescafe Instant Vanilla coffee packets for 5 more calories and it then tastes like i have a moccha frappacino! I love it! :)

5 comments:

  1. mmmm....yummy! I also do milk, but 2%, and I use the same kind of whey protein, just vanilla flavored! It is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!

    I haven't tried the vanilla because I know I like the chocolate and am scared I'll end up wasting 15 bucks if I dont like the vanilla. lol. I can't afford to do that. Same reason I havent tried the strawberry one either. I bought a new package yesterday though and noticed they just recently changed the packaging!

    Jett gets 2% on WIC and so I've tried it many times but just can't stand it. I grew up drinking whole milk and so anything else just tastes watered down and gross to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing recipe of making protein shake.Whey protein is best for body building as well as maintaining the body muscles.Very nicely written post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, and yeah I find I'm less sore after workouts when I'm taking in lots of protein. :)

    ReplyDelete